Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

BHW/CRA barrels for MVP

Anyone have any experience with the Black Hole Weaponry/Columbia River Arms barrels for the Mossberg MVP? My factory barrel shoots extremely well and will stabilize the 75 ELD Match decently enough to hit the 1k mark, and shoots lights out with 70 VLDs out to 700 yards. However it's a 1:9 twist and 24". I'm wanting to go to a 1:7 to stabilize the 80 grain range or be more consistent with the 75 ELD Match and a longer barrel in the 26"-28" length range. It seems that BHW/CRA are the only ones making aftermarket barrels for the MVP. Any experience will be grateful.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Honestly, I have never heard of them. I like to poke around a lot on the web too and read tons of stuff. Now I could have missed them. It has happened, but usually I have heard a whisper here or there on most companies. But, I guess I haven't heard anything bad. If you can't find someone that has heard of them though I would pass. Maybe check the Better Business Bureau in their State of residence. If they have a positive rating there I might try them out.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have 3 BHW 25x45 barrels. They are all tack drivers!! The barrels I bought were a closeout deal of in stock barrels and I had them in about 2.5 weeks, so, shipping is a little slower than Wes but I’m pretty impressed with the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Thinking of ordering one from them this week.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG